Watch the whole process from start to finish on Tik Tok HERE
It’s SUMMERTIME and there is nothing better than grilling out with family and friends! If you choose to forego the traditional grill foods such as hot dogs and hamburgers, let me introduce you to a healthy and fulfilling alternative! This grilled veggie & sausage recipe is SO easy and absolutely delicious! The best part is you can easily switch up the recipe and incorporate your favorite vegetables and different flavors of sausage!
I have made this meal with every type of sausage you could think of but by far my favorite sausage to use is Trader Joe’s Sweet Apple with Pure Vermont Maple Syrup Chicken Sausage! This is an all-natural sausage with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. Each pack has 5 chicken sausage links and costs $3.99. With 11 grams of protein and 7 grams of carbs per link you are definitely on your way to meeting that protein goal and staying within your daily carbohydrate limit! I also only include the potatoes for my hubby 😊 I pick them out for myself and only eat the veggies and sausage to stay within my Keto plan!
Grilled Veggies & Sausage
Sausage of choice
Salt + Pepper
This recipe is so easy because there's no real measurement. Use as much or as little of one ingredient as you want. Adding more / less of the ingredients will only increase / reduce the grill time!
1. Slice and dice carrots, potatoes, peppers, onions, and sausage.
2. Lay on pan covered in tin foil in the following order: carrots, potatoes, peppers, onion, sausage.
3. Salt and pepper each layer.
4. Add garlic powder on every other layer.
5. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
6. Top with ¼ cup of melted butter.
7. Close up foil and place on grill over medium high heat. Cook for 45 minutes (decrease or increase time depending on how thick the layers are for potatoes and carrots).
8. Remove from grill and enjoy!
Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Sweet Apple with Pure Vermont Maple Syrup Chicken Sausage before? What is your favorite type of sausage? What is your must have Trader Joe’s food item? Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and what sausage you prefer!