Watch the whole process on tik tok
One of my favorite things to do in the summer is have a big glass of iced cold lemonade while sitting outside in my rocking chair. There is just something about the hot sun kissing your skin while sipping on a fresh and sweet drink that makes me so happy!
Lemonade has always been a “special treat” in our household because it typically contains quite a bit of sugar content. Good news is this recipe uses Truvia which is a sugar substitute born from the leaves of the stevia plant and is both diabetic and keto friendly.
Of course, if you prefer to use regular sugar you can easily substitute for the sweetener of your choice.
This blueberry lemonade recipe is easy to make and definitely gives you all the feels of living the high life sailing on a boat off the coast of Nantucket! One can dream, am I right 😉
Homemade Blueberry Lemonade
5 cups water
¾ cup Truvia
6 oz fresh blueberries
1 ¼ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx. 6-7 lemons)
1. In a medium pot, combine 1 cup water, ¾ cup Truvia, and 6 oz blueberries.
2. Cook on medium-high 7 minutes, until blueberries burst, stirring occasionally.
3. With a potato masher, mash berries in pot.
4. Let mixture cool.
5. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher, pushing on solids.
6. Use lemon squeezer to make 1 ¼ cups of freshly squeeze lemon juice.
7. Add in 4 cups of water and 1 ¼ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice to pitcher.
8. Refrigerate until cold and serve over ice. Garnish with blueberries and lemon slices, if desired.
I like to serve this in mason jars filled with crushed ice and garnished with lemon slices and blueberries. You could even use frozen blueberries to keep it extra cold. After trying this recipe, I promise you will never want store bought lemonade again!
Have you ever made your own homemade lemonade? What is your favorite summer drink? Let me know in the comments if you plan on making this summer drink!