Watch the whole process on tik tok
Looking for a deliciously cheesy meal that is not only healthy but easy on the budget? This one is for you! I love how simple this recipe is and how it pairs perfectly with any vegetable (although my preference is some green beans 😉). You can also throw this together in advance, put it in the fridge and then bake in the oven the next day for a quick dinner when you get home at the end of a busy day. There is no arguing that chicken, cheese and bacon makes an amazing, comforting low carb dinner!
Keto Chicken, Cheese + Bacon Casserole
1 T olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 small onion, diced
1 t salt
1 lb of ground chicken
8 oz of bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
¼ c fresh oregano, roughly chopped
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
2 large eggs
½ c light sour cream
¼ c heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 355 °F.
2. Place a large frying pan over high heat and add the oil, garlic, onion, and half the salt.
3. Sauté until translucent.
4. Add ground chicken and brown. Remove from heat and stir through bacon and oregano.
5. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle over the cheddar cheese.
6. In a bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, cream, remaining salt, and pepper, whisk together.
7. Pour over the chicken mixture.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve with a side of veggies of your choice and enjoy!
This casserole serves 6 and has approximately 3 g net carbs and 26 g of protein per serving! You will definitely have leftovers and this casserole is even better tasting the next day if you can believe it!
Are you a casserole lover? Any suggestions on what you could add to this casserole to make it even better? I’m always up for new ideas so let me know in the comments below your ideas!